City of the Lost (Casey Duncan #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Publisher: Sphere
Goodreads Summary: Casey Duncan once killed a man and got away with it. Since then she’s become a talented police detective, tethered only to her job, her best friend, Diana, and the occasional evening with her sexy, no-strings-attached ex-con lover, Kurt. But then Diana's abusive ex finds her again, despite all Casey has done to help her disappear. And Casey’s own dark past begins to catch up with her. The two women need to run—and Diana’s heard of a place where they won’t be found, a town especially for people like them…
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Review: Welcome to Rockton, city of the lost. Hideout for those with dark pasts, people wanting to disappear. The one catch; you cannot leave. City of the lost is an exhilarating rollercoaster ride. Casey is the perfect main character, and this book is exactly what I needed after The Masked Truth; it completely reassured my doubts about Kelley Armstrong.

Can I just talk about Casey and Eric for a moment? Well, I saw their relationship coming from the blurb on my hardcover edition, yet I got quite frustrated when they clearly had feelings for each other, but neither acted on it.

At first I was dubious about City of the Lost. The synopsis had me thinking about the likelihood of a ghost town, somewhere that no one knew about. Kelley Armstrong managed to pull it off extremely well, and certainly convinced me.

I definitely loved the thriller parts of the book, but the romance didn't satisfy me at all. I really hope that book two and beyond brings a major turnaround, I definitely have high hopes.
Purchase Location: Borrowed From Library
Edition:
 Hardcover
Buy the book:
Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of small towns with secrets, and stories with police officers.