6487308Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Goodreads Summary: 
What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?

17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart.

Get ready to fall . . .
Rating: 5+ Stars
Review: 
After reading Teardrop and Waterfall, I came across some critical reviews of Fallen. Were they going to stop me from reading Fallen? No. I often ignore reviews of a book and decide for myself as I have such a wonderful library to use. Even with Teardrop and Waterfall, I enjoyed them, but many didn't. So, I figured Fallen would be the same.

Well, guess what? I was wrong. But, not wrong in a bad way; wrong in a good way. Fallen was a lot better than Teardrop and Waterfall.

To Lucinda Price, enrolling at Sword & Cross is a last resort. unable to recollect the details of a tragedy which took the life of her friend, she arrives and Sword & Cross despondent. When she sees Daniel Grigori, everything changes.

Somehow, she feels a connection with him that she hasn't felt with anyone else before. He appears in her dreams, and it seems as if she knows him. But when she tries to talk to him, he shrugs her off coldly, leaving her lost and confused.

To me, a major part of the fascination and appeal of Fallen was Luce and Daniel's romance. Unlike in a lot of books, it was very complicated, but even more than that. Luce was similar to Megan in The Iron Knight; her feelings out in the open, but responded to in all coldness. Luce and Daniel are also very much opposites; while Daniel does everything because he believes he is protecting Luce, Luce will throw herself into danger to find answers. The real reason I gave Fallen 5+ Stars is because I really connected with Luce, and she unlocked a lot of emotion that is usually hidden deep inside me.

Purchase Location: Borrowed From Library
Edition:
 Hardcover
Buy the book:
Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of the immortals series by Alyson Noel. Also, to anyone who has read Angel Romance and loved it.