A Neophyte's Tale, an Abbey Thorne short story

Series: Prequel to The Netherwalker Series
Author: C.K. Dawn
Publication Date: April 27 2015
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Book Links: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon || Smashwords

Abigail Thorne hears voices. Well, one voice repeating one word over and over again. Soft and sweet with the promise of power, it calls to her. The twelve year old has no idea that the tender little word is a catalyst that serves to reveal a world hidden to most humans.

Abbey has yet to discover that following the word’s call to its origin will change the course of her life forever.

Abbey and her mother don’t have much, and depending on the day, sometimes they don’t even have a roof over their heads. She wants more out of life than just wondering where her next meal is. So she shouldn’t be wasting her time daydreaming about going on a selfish quest, should she? Does she have the strength to leave behind what little she has?

Will she have the courage to break through the illusions surrounding her and lift the cloak of shadows?










author pic - Copy
CK lives with the love of her life John, his cat Scout, her cat Hagrid, their mutually adopted and socialized feral kitten Pepper (yes, cats have favorite humans. It's a thing), and their dog Diesel (aka Methane-- Please, don't make her explain).
She credits her mother for the strong independent woman she is, her father for her inner peace and beautiful outlook on life, and the summers of sweaty, manual labor on her grandparents' farm for her strong work ethic.
In writing, CK has truly found her bliss. Stay tuned, because there will be a lot more to come in her Netherwalker series. Seriously, things have only just begun.



 Guest Post:

Reese’s Peaces – Abbey’s Antics – And an Occasional Temple Tantrum
Right after I published my first book Cloak of Secrets I found myself missing my characters terribly! So I created my website www.ckdawn.com and decided that Lourdes Reese, Abbey Thorne, and Logan Templeton (aka Temple) were going to start blogging. Teehee! I still get a kick out of the play on words I came up with for the title of their blog. Hope you enjoy! :)
Abbey’s Antics:
Hey there, fellow guardians
    ​This is hunter Abbey Thorne of the New York Court speaking-- err, I mean typing. But, whatever. I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Holt for these fab sketches she drew of me and my new do. She totes nailed the dress I wore to the Brenin Dathlu, too! And, can I just say Yay for killer kicks!...I'm soo over being short BTW. =(
​       Anyway, I can't chat long. I'm going on hunting patrol tonight with Lourdie and I want to go clock some time in the virtual chamber before I fight the real big baddies. So, later dudes.
Oh! And Welcome to The King's Court!
Peace out my peeps, Thorne

Abbey:     "Ha ha. Peace! Like the Reese's peaces Lourdie's going to write. Now I get it.                                  Huh...I wonder if she'll write about Temple?"
Lourdie:   "I heard that."
Abbey:      "Flux!"
Lourdie:   "Abigail Thorne!"
Abbey:      "Uh, I gotta go."

Temple Tantrum:
Temple:   (Raised his eyebrow and cleared his throat) "Temple tantrum? Hmm,                   
                 Ms. Dawn? Not on occasion, nor ever. Your appraisal is simply absurd. However,
                 even at my expense your play on words is quite amusing. I can also appreciate the
                 platform you've provided here. So, in return, I will simply share a quote I admire                      instead."
     Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
                "Uplifting and quite apropos for a hunter don't you think Ms. Dawn? Now, if you'll                   excuse me. It's not like I have an entire castle to run or anything."

Abbey:     "Swoon."
Lourdie:  "Abbey, stop."
Abbey:     "What? I can't help it! And, if it's not true why are you laughing? Even his       
                 tantrums are hot. We don't call him Mr. Hunkie for nothing!"
Lourdie:   (Silence)

Reese’s Peaces:
Lourdie:    "No comment."
Abbey:       "Ugh! Lourdie."
​Lourdie:     "I'm keeping the peace!.... For now."

Abbey’s Antics:
Lourdie:    (​Sat in her favorite chair next to the fireplace in the Vaughn's reception area reading intently and sipping her caramel macchiato.)
Abbey:       (Poked her head around the corner trying to read Lourdie's magazine) "Hi Lourdie! Watchya reading?"
Lourdie:    "Nothing in particular. What are you doing?" (She quickly flipped the page.)
Abbey:      "OMG is that People Magazine's Sexiest Man issue with Chris Hunkiesworth, Temple's twin?" (She grabbed the magazine and took a seat across from Lourdie.)
Lourdie:    (Rolled her eyes.) "They are not twins."
Abbey:      "Ha! A little bit darker hair, couple of tats, some sexy scruffiness, and always brooding, he'd totally be Temple's dobbleginger!"
Lourdie:    "You mean doppelganger."

Abbey:       "See you agree!"  (She leaned back with a huge triumphant grin on her face.)   






Giveaway

This tour was organized by Good Tales Book Tours.