Title: Macyn’s Letter (Book 1)
Series: Macyn McIntyre
Author: S.L. Stacker
Publisher: Booktrope Editions
Publication Date: May 21st
Genre: Romantic Suspense

 Amazon ~ Barnes & Nobles

A near-death experience at the hands of her husband would cause any woman to cling to her crippling trust issues and dating phobia, and Macyn McIntyre is no exception. Falling into the lap of a sexy stranger may persuade her to change her mind, but before Macyn realizes what’s happening, a second potential love interest is vying for her affections.

When a threatening letter turns up in her mailbox, Macyn realizes choosing between two guys is the least of her worries. Abduction, violence, and rescue by an elite squad change the course of her life forever. When she seeks revenge on those who hurt her, she has to decide if she can trust the ones who vow they love her.

Will Macyn be able to overcome her past and use their aid in her vendetta, or will she take matters into her own hands?


Guest Post: Shh...Listen, or Don’t


Stop what you’re doing and listen. I mean really listen. What do you hear? If you’re like me and work from home, you probably hear a washing machine, dishwasher, dog barking, etc. When you’re trying to write, do you have to have some type of background noise? Does it need to be totally silent? Are you one of those people where you can live with or without the noise?

Depending on the time and day, my need varies. Some days I find myself enjoying the quiet surrounding me. Other days, I crave some type of noise to assure myself I’m in the land of the living. I would love to be able to say I can take or leave background noise on a daily basis, but unfortunately I can’t.
When I first began writing, I could sit down and write no matter where I was. There could be kids yipping with glee as they sailed through the air on their swing, or I could be the only person at home with zero noise. It didn’t matter. I was so focused on what I was doing, I didn’t pay any attention to my surroundings. Those were the good days!
The next phase along my writing path found me needing the background noise. When I would sit alone in the quiet of my house, I would stare at my screen hoping and praying the voices would talk to me. Despite my begging, they would never allow me to hear them until my family was home—the kids screaming at each other, my husband sitting in the garage listening to music. It was then, during the busiest and noisiest time in my household, the voices would begin talking, and I’d find myself in front of my computer, my fingers moving as fast as I could manage to keep up with story.
Now, as I stated above, my current stage of writing requires quiet and noise, but I never know which I’ll need on any given day. Luckily, my noisy requirement doesn’t have to be my family. I can start our super loud dishwasher, turn my music on, and write without any problems. However, when the silent days are required, the hum of the air conditioning unit running can be a nuisance. It’s on those days, I go through the house and make sure everything is off. I also know once my family begins trickling through the door from school or work, my writing for the day is over until they go to bed.
If you aren’t sure which type of person you are, I suggest taking a few days and paying attention to your most productive days. If you find you’re a noise magnet, and thrive during these times, try writing with some type of background noise all the time. If you need the peace and quiet, find somewhere in your house or outside the house where you can get that. Don’t try forcing yourself to write during a time you know won’t be productive because in most cases, the quality of what you write, will falter. It’s better to acknowledge your need for or lack of background noise. Use it to your advantage!


SL Stacker Author Pic

Author Bio:

S.L. Stacker is a romantic suspense author and novelist with Booktrope publishing and a member of International Thriller Writers association. She has written and published three books in the Macyn McIntyre series. Her current work includes several fiction novels, but her focus is Sisters of Summit Bay—to be published in 2015. When she isn’t throwing her readers for a loop and leaving them with cliffhangers, she can be found chilling with her husband, children, and dogs.

Author Links:
GIVEAWAY:

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 11.03.14 AM
This tour was organized by Good Tales Book Tours