Title: The Selection (The Selection #1)

Author: Kiera Cass
Summary: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined. .

Review: Stunning. From the 1st word, sentence, paragraph, page, chapter... Kiera Cass hooked me from the start. As for the Selection- I loved it. The great character personalities, the strong, distinct personalities, and the way they fit, the way they fit perfectly. The Selection is brilliant. It stuns and dazzles, so that even the idea is complex and creative. America Singer is an amazing character, and she (Kiera Cass) narrates the story brilliantly. To be honest, this is actually one of the few books I didn't find a flaw in. Yes, really. I didn't find. A. Single. Flaw. Maybe I was just too devoted to The Selection. Maybe I just didn't think there was anything wrong with The Selection. But from the start, I have heard multiple things about Kiera Cass' The Selection, ranging from "It was amazing, brilliant" to "It was terrible". But what I expected was completely wrong. The Selection, to me, was better than most books. it was a surprise. I couldn't put it down, not at all. Kiera Cass also perfectly crafts her love triangle, very cleverly. America, Maxon, and Aspen couldn't be a better love triangle. I'd definitely recommend the Selection.

Recommended for: Fans of interesting and contrasted books with complex and interesting ideas.